We can deliver personalized service to our physician clients, and endeavor to accommodate their preferences. Our clients have direct access to the laboratory – we do not utilize an automated phone tree. When you call the laboratory you speak directly to one of our experienced staff members. Our pathologists are easily accessible and welcome discussion and/or review of slides with the referring physician on individual cases.
Naples Pathology Associates and the NPA laboratory have been in practice in Southwest Florida for over 20 years. Our pathologists have privileges at and provide anatomic and clinical pathology services to the NCH Healthcare System, and have privileges at multiple outpatient surgery centers.
Available Laboratory Services
- Outpatient frozen section diagnosis/margin assessment
- Dermatopathology – examination of skin biopsies and excisions by board-certified dermatopathologists
- Hematopathology – examination of blood and lymphatic system specimens (bone marrow, lymph nodes) by board-certified hematopathologists
- Surgical pathology – examination of breast biopsies and lumpectomies, gastrointestinal biopsies, and other anatomic tissue
- Cytopathology – examination of liquid-based (ThinPrep) Pap tests, conventional Pap smears, fine needle aspirates and other non-gyn cytology by a board-certified cytotechnologist and/or cytopathologist
- Pap Results Hotline – Patients can call a dedicated phone line toÂ receive automated results for their Pap tests, thereby freeing up office practice staff. Patients who have atypical or abnormal results are directed to call their doctor’s office.
- Histology services
- Technical component-only preparation of slides
- Professional component-only pathologist interpretation of slides